- 50g butter or margarine
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 250ml milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 75g sultanas
- 75g raisins
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Grease one 23x13cm loaf tin.
- Place butter, sugar and 1 egg in large bowl. Beat well. Beat in second egg. Stir in milk and vanilla.
- In another bowl measure in flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in sultanas and raisins. Pour all at once into batter. Stir to moisten only. Spoon into greased loaf tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour or until it tests done. Cool 10 minutes. Turn out of tin. Cool on rack. Wrap to store. Allow to ripen a day or two to improve flavour. Serve buttered.
Portion given free to 140Coffee.
Video of loaf being made coming soon ….